What are Sports Injuries?
“Sports injuries” are commonly occurred when playing sports, exercising, some time due to accidents, stretching enough before you play and some people get injured when they are not in proper condition.
The most common sports injuries are:
- Sprains and strains.
- Knee injuries.
- Swollen muscles.
- Achilles tendon injuries.
- Pain along the shin bone.
What is the common difference between an Acute and a Chronic Injury?
There are two types of sports injuries: acute and chronic Injury.
An Acute Injury occurs suddenly when playing or exercising. Sprained ankles, strained backs and fractured hands.
- Sudden, severe pain and Swelling.
- Not being able to place weight on a leg, knee, ankle, or foot.
- Not being able to move a joint as normal.
- An elbow, wrist, hand, arm or finger that is very tender.
- Extreme leg or arm weakness.
A Chronic injury happens after you play a sport or exercise for a long time.
- Pain when you play.
- Pain when you exercise.
What Should I Do if I Get Injured?
Never try to “work through” the pain of a sports injury. Stop playing or exercising when you feel pain because playing or exercising can causes more harm. Some injuries should be seen by a doctor right away. Others you can treat yourself.
Call a Doctor when:
- The injury causes severe pain, swelling, or numbness.
- You can’t put any weight on the area.
- An old injury hurts or aches.
- An old injury swells.
- The joint doesn’t feel normal or feels unstable.
If you don’t have any of these symptoms, you are in safe side can be treat the injury at home. If the pain or other symptoms get worse, you should call your doctor.
How Are Sports Injuries Treated?
Sport Injury Treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method. Here are some other things your doctor may do to treat your sports injury.
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Rehabilitation (Exercise)
- Other Therapies
[button type=”default” color=”#da3236″ target=”_blank” link=”https://mycurehospitals.com/book-an-appointment.html”]Book an appointment with Orthopedics Doctor[/button] [button type=”default” color=”#da3236″ target=”_blank” link=”https://mycurehospitals.com/orthopedics.html”]Our Orthopedics Team[/button]